Skip to main content

Pearland


 
Sometimes you are fixing to leave the house and your car
has a flat tire.
Then you say bummer.
Sometimes you leave a restaurant and you
try to get into a car that looks JUST like
yours....and the key doesn't work...
and you look around and hope nobody saw you.
 


 
Then sometimes,
you head out the door,
and see this.
And think,
do whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
 


So, then, you get to go to a car wash.
For $12.
The whole way there, you discuss
what IN THE WORLD did this?
 


 
The view at the car wash was just pretty nice.
A palm tree mixed in with Autumn colors.
 


 
$12 didn't quite take care of the problem,
most of it,
but not all of it.
 


 
OK Denny's.
Time to get some new cream pitchers.
 


 
I always enjoyed frost on the proverbial pumpkin
when I lived in Kansas.
I loved a good frosty night and morning.
The kind that makes it look like diamonds are in your grass.
Well, here's our frost.
It's a bank.
If I moved to Pearland, this is where I would bank.
If I had any money left.
 


We went to Burlington to find some suits.
I found this ceramic milk carton.
Some of the paint was chipped off of it,
but that's OK.
For $1.98, I could overlook paint chips.
 


I was not crabby.
The sun was in my eye.
Glad I wasn't playing ball.
Everybody would have been
mad at me.
 


We went to a place where my husband could get jambalaya. 
I got a burn your stomach all the way home,
jalapeno burger.
 
I LOVE getting Sprite/Sierra Mist when we eat out.
I also love the look on my husband's face
when I order something other than water.
 


I DID find a couple of books to read....and a quote book.
I love quote books. 
 
"Not to transmit an experience is to betray it."
Elie Wiesel
 
If you knew who Elie Wiesel was,
you'd know why he said that.
 
It pays to read.
 


So, here's my little ceramic milk carton.
All happy beside my rabbit canisters.
 


Got a new coffee maker.
It was marked down from $1200 to $49.
JK
It was on sale,
good enough for me.
It does NOT have a reservoir that will
hold clean water,
and turn it to swamp water.
That's why I don't ever want another
Keurig.
 
 

Got some new coffee.
My two favorites.
 

 
Funny, we also live close to Sugarland,
but we always go to Pearland.
I really don't even like pears.
But I do like pearls.
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!