Skip to main content

Brother Dave


 
Very sad call on Thanksgiving morning.
Brother Dave went home to be with the Lord.
 
We've known the Christenson family for years.
Can't for sure remember what year we all met,
but we all had lots of little kids.
They influenced the home school books we used,
and Pat gave us ALL of the books they used
when they were done with them.
 
Dave and Pat let us use their camping trailer to live
in for a short while....
and one of our children proceeded to
put snake like bites in the  brand new upholstery
with a meat fork. 
 
Brother Dave came from Mexico to Dallas to be
present when my husband got ordained.
 
After we left PVBC, we still got to see the family,
once in church camp in Arkansas,
mission conferences,
OUR church here in Freeport,
and in our home,
because missionaries stayed with us. 
It is always great to have *friend* missionaries
stay, people we actually knew....
and this was of course, the Christenson family.
 
8-31-14
They were in our home the last of August.
I know the exact date, because Pat
signed our little book.
The book I put in our newly dubbed
~~~Sleeping Room~~~
They were the first ones to stay in
that room.
 
They always brought us things when they came.
I have a neat little hot-plate
that Brother Dave made himself.
He could make lots of other things, too.
He didn't limit himself to wood.
We never visited them in Mexico,
but I'm pretty sure Brother Dave was a
master fixer-upper.
He was perfectly fitted to be a missionary.
Mexico surely lost
a man that loved the people there.
 
He was a teacher, preacher, friend, giver, builder....
father and husband. 
Most of all, he was a missionary.
I cannot begin to imagine the things that will
be left....somewhat undone..... because he is gone.
But the Lord knows this.
I also can't imagine the sorrow of those,
that were closest to him....and their loss.
The Lord knows this, too.
 
The last time they were here,
which wasn't so long ago,
I was already thinking ahead to the time
that we would be able to see them again.
Guess it will be in heaven.
 
 
 
 


Comments

kim said…
That was very sad.
Anonymous said…
So sad about Brother Dave! He is rejoicing in heaven, but I know he will be greatly missed on earth. He sounded like a wonderful Godly man. Kristi

Popular posts from this blog

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!