Skip to main content

Help Me Not To Forget (and random pictures from the trip)

 
 Luke 9:37-41
37 And it came to pass, that on the next day,
 when they were come down from the hill, much people met him.
38 And, behold, a man of the company cried out,
 saying, Master, I beseech thee,
 look upon my son: for he is mine only child.
39 And, lo, a spirit taketh him, and he suddenly crieth out;
 and it teareth him that he foameth again,
 and bruising him hardly departeth from him.
40 And I besought thy disciples to cast him out; and they could not.
41 And Jesus answering said, O faithless and perverse generation,
 how long shall I be with you, and suffer you? Bring thy son hither.
 
I've been called by somebody that tells me to look at Him.....
and confront my disbelief in His Word.
Faithless and Perverse
Don't see people as problems,
this man's son needed Jesus.
If Jesus died for all,
then all can be reached.
 


 
 Ezekiel 9:4
 And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city,
 through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men
 that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
 
Do we sigh and cry?
God is concerned about our concern. 
Are we part of the group that KNOWS the difference?
BUT, are indifferent?
Indifference: lack of feeling, lack of sufficient importance
 

 
Matthew 26:41
 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation:
 the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
 
If it weren't for the flesh......
emotions---feelings---desires---opinions
Something is in control.
The flesh or the spirit.
 
Fear the flesh,
 an object can go from being feared to desired.
Saved, but carnal?
 

 
 1 Samuel 30:1-6
 And it came to pass, when David and his men were come to Ziklag on the third day, that the Amalekites had invaded the south, and Ziklag, and smitten Ziklag, and burned it with fire;
 And had taken the women captives, that were therein:
 they slew not any, either great or small, but carried them away, and went on their way.
 So David and his men came to the city, and, behold, it was burned with fire;
 and their wives, and heir sons, and their daughters, were taken captives.
Then David and the people that were with him lifted up their voice and wept, until they had no more power to weep. And David's two wives were taken captives, Ahinoam the Jezreelitess,
 and Abigail the wife of Nabal the Carmelite. And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters:
 but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God.
 
Has God ever done anything for you?
Get your eyes off of the giant.
The 9'6" giant.....
Use what you have.
You have it all.
If you have faith.
 
Thy servant slew both the lion and the bear: and this uncircumcised Philistine shall be as one of them, seeing he hath defied the armies of the living God.
1 Samuel 17:36
 


 
23% of the world's population is Islamic.
They will work to cover the world at any cost.
1. Infiltrate 2. Intimidate 3. Indoctrinate 4. Isolate
In the flesh, these people are our enemies.
In God's eyes, they are lost.
They are not only unreached,
they are practically untouched.
 
 


 
 And the Philistine drew near morning and evening, and presented himself forty days.
1 Samuel 17:16
 
Some of our greatest battles will be won when we have no resources.
Climbing a mountain sometimes isn't an option.
Fall on your face to God for help....in the valley.
Growth is found in the valley, where we learn our weaknesses.
 
 
 
 Hosea 12:13
 And by a prophet the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt,
 and by a prophet was he preserved.
 
(It didn't take long for Israel to get out of Egypt,
but it took forty years to get Egypt out of Israel.)
 


Isaiah 30:1~~~
 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the Lord, that take counsel,
 but not of me; and that cover with a covering,
 but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:
 
 
Jeremiah 5:31
 The prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests bear rule by their means;
 and my people love to have it so: and what will ye do in the end thereof?
 

 
 Nehemiah 2
And it came to pass in the month Nisan,
 in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king,
 that wine was before him: and I took up the wine, and gave it unto the king.
 Now I had not been beforetime sad in his presence.
Wherefore the king said unto me, Why is thy countenance sad,
 seeing thou art not sick? this is nothing else but sorrow of heart.
Then I was very sore afraid,
And said unto the king, Let the king live for ever:
 why should not my countenance be sad, when the city,
 the place of my fathers' sepulchres, lieth waste,
 and the gates thereof are consumed with fire?
 
The city was in ruins......the people that lived there,
saw it every day.
They got used to the RUINS.
Sometimes we need to be told, what we see.
(woke up)
 



 
5 Steps to Apostasy
 
1. tolerated error
2. accommodated error
3. cooperate with error
4. contamination
5. capitulation
 
What will happen to YOUR children if you
don't stand up for what is right?
 


Romans 1:16
For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ:
 for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth;
 to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.
 
We need energy in a draining world.
Should we not be zealous for the one
that saved our soul from hell?
What stirs us up?
Stay excited for the work of the Lord.
It is never in vain.
I'll Live For Him,
Who Died For Me
 
 
Heaven's Sounding Sweeter All The Time

      Life has been so good, I can't complain....
When I'm down, God gives me strength to rise again....
I get weary from the struggle of it all...
So I listen, how I listen for His call....

     chorus

      HEAVEN'S SOUNDING SWEETER ALL THE TIME...
SEEMS LIKE LATELY, IT'S ALWAYS ON MY MIND....
SOMEDAY, I'LL LEAVE THIS WORLD BEHIND....
HEAVEN'S SOUNDING SWEETER ALL THE TIME
 

And Can It Be?
 
 And can it be that I should gain
an interest in the Saviour's blood?
Died He for me who caused His pain
For me who Him to death pursued
Amazing love how can it be
That Thou my God shouldst die for me?
Amazing love how can it be
That Thou my God shouldst die for me?

He left His Father's throne above
So free, so infinite His grace
Emptied Himself of all but love
And bled for Adam's helpless race
'Tis mercy all immense and free
For O my God, it found out me
Tis mercy all immense and free
For O my God, it found out me

Long my imprisoned spirit lay
Fast bound in sin and nature's light
Thine eye diffused a quickening ray
I woke, the dungeon flamed with light
My chains fell off, my heart was free
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee
My chains fell off, my heart was free
I rose, went forth, and followed Thee

 
 
 
 


Comments

Rebecca said…
I love it that you have your own business card!

It looks like you did a lot of thinking AND picture taking on your trip! Your thoughts, warnings, Scripture and songs are SO appropriate for "times like these".

Popular posts from this blog

Apron Give-AWAY

February 19th I will choose a winner. If you want to be entered into the contest..... Leave a comment with the word *APRON* in the sentence. Tell your friends about the contest......... I added a twist........... there are two aprons the winner gets to choose which one they want the other one will be for sale after the contest is over                                                                      #1 apron                                                                   Hello Spring! gingham ric-rac lace buttons Kitten Size Pocket 4 Spring Fabrics waistband 26 inches across from waist to hem 36 inches #2 Apron Spring Dream from waistband side to side 25inches from waist to hem 35 inches large gingham ruffle..........thick ric-rac.............kitten size pocket lots of flowers and buttons (will only send to USA) hop over to the Hutch to see more !! http://therabbithutchstore.blogspot.com/

My Favorite Child

I wish I had all the pictures I wanted, to go with this blog post........because I know a *picture paints a thousand words*, but for a large part of our family's life, old fashion cameras and old fashion pictures were being used.  So, many of the pictures that would help paint this post are somewhere in boxes and books.  It would take a month of Sundays to find them all so  I will just have to count on your imagination and my memory! FAVORITE: most liked, preferred above all others Sara, you were my favorite.  You were our first baby and we were so excited for you.  Your hair was perfect for me to learn how to braid and you always were very still for me.  You were the first little girl I got to dress up and put lacy socks on.  You were such a fun little girl to read to.  You memorized the books we had and it was a big part of our day to read with each other.  *where is the bear when the wind blows cold?*.    You have always been interested in the *family tree*, dates, p

Spring is around the corner...........

Rabbit Tails !!